Friday, March 1, 2013

Visit to Canada

I found two Murals that incorporate graffiti writing. They are located somewhere east of Victoria BC's China Town. They are signed "Kwota," and dated "13". The level of detail in these murals gives me the impression that they were commissioned. There are links to other graffiti work that incorporates the word Kwota at the bottom of this post. Kwota is most likely the moniker of one or more graffiti artist/s.  More images can be found in a Google Image search for Kwota.
I like to imagine that only one person is using the word Kwota in their work.  If I could be sure of that then I could say that the pieces that I captured represent a major evolution in the artists work. 

 
This mural seems to say MATTER.

I'm not sure about this one.
 

Kwota Graffiti image on Website That Maps Graffiti in Toronto

Kwota appears in graffiti image Copyrighted in 1997.  The Page name is Art Crimes: Vancouver 7.

An image titled Kwota dc with the comment, “Get a new name, it’s already taken.  Since the early 90’s…”

No comments:

Post a Comment